(60 vegecaps / bottle) (twin pack)
Natural liver supporter!
A stronger liver for a healthier life!
The liver is a large, meaty organ that sits on the right side of the belly. The liver has a wide range of functions, including detoxification of various metabolites, protein synthesis and the production of biochemicals which are necessary for digestion. It also plays a role in metabolism, regulation of glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells and hormone production. Nowadays, lifestyle plays a very important role to our health. Now you should ask yourself these few common questions: Do you smoke? Often go to bed late? Are you a heavy drinker?
HMS L-Guardz is formulated with natural herbs traditionally used in hepatoprotective preparations to promote healthy liver function, acts as powerful liver tonic to help and support your liver! It is a unique combination of 6 essential herbal extracts such as milk thistle, dandelion powder, artichoke, burdock, Phyllanthus niruri and celery seed extract to support the body’s biochemical process and encourage optimal liver health. HMS L-Guardz is distinguished by its exceptional grade and purity of ingredients. These herbs complement each other in a very potent formulation with the following actions: choleretic (helps to increase the volume of secretion of bile), cholagogue（promotes the discharge of bile）, hepatoprotection, liver toning and mild laxative (aperient) effect.
♦ A comprehensive 21st century 6 in1 formula for liver health
♦ Formulated with herbs traditionally used in hepatoprotective preparations to promote healthy liver function
♦ The herbs complement each other in a very potent formulation with choleretic, cholagogue, hepatoprotective and liver toning actions.
- 100% pure and natural ingredients
- Manufactured by leading company and have been certified by GMP and ISO
- Traditional medicine level of quality control and quality assurance
- Highest potency, quality and stability
- Long history used for liver
- Coloring Free, Preservative Free, no anti-caking agent, Drug Free. Safe to consume
- Backed by various safety test reports
♦ Potent antioxidant
♦ Protects liver tissues against oxidative stress
♦ Natural liver supporter and detoxifier to help human body defend toxin which is common in daily life
♦ Shown to decrease or even reverse the damage of liver that been caused by prescription medication
♦ Helps to combat Hepatitis B & C
♦ Helps to cure fatty liver and liver damage
♦ Acts as a laxative/ diuretic
♦ Helps to remove body heat
♦ Treatment in liver disease like jaundice & cirrhosis (Long term liver damage)
♦ Helps to lower cholesterol thus preventing gallstones
♦ Promotes lipid lowering activities
♦ Reduces water retention in body
♦ Anti-fungal, anti-viral and hypoglycemic action
Who should consume HMS L-Guardz :
- Those who suffers from obesity, diabetes, hypertension / high cholesterol
- Those who suffers from infections & illnesses (Hepatitis B & C)
- Those who takes many types of long-term prescribed medication
- Smokers and alcohol drinkers
- Unhealthy eating habit and lifestyle
1). Milk Thistle Seed Extract Powder (Silybum marianum)
Traditionally used in Herbal Medicine as a hepatoprotectant/ liver protectant. Milk Thistle is used to prevent alcoholic liver disease, alcoholic liver cirrhosis, infectious hepatitis, drug-induced hepatitis and liver damage caused by chemicals and from toxins or hazardous chemicals eg. tetracycline, acetaminophen, thallium, erythromycin, amitriptyline, long-term phenothiazine use, carbon tetrachloride, lorazepam and anesthesia.
- Used in Herbal Medicine to help in supporting liver function, relieve digestive disturbance (dyspepsia) and as treatment of dyspeptic complaints and gallstones.
- Milk Thistle works synergistically with other hepatoprotectants for example artichoke and dandelion.
Mechanism of Action
♦ Hepatoprotective and regulatory:
- Milk Thistle seeds gave silymarin (flavanol lignin mixture), composed mainly of silybin A, silybin B (mixture known as silibinin), with isosilybin A, isosilybin B, silychristin and silydianin.
- Silymarin stabilizes cell membranes by decreasing phospholipid turnover rate and alters the structure of the outer cell membrane of the hepatocytes (liver cells) in such a way as to prevent penetration of the liver toxin into the interior of the cell.
- Silymarin has been used successfully to treat patients with chronic hepatitis and cirrhosis; it is active against hepatitis B virus, and lowers fat deposits in the liver in animals.
♦ Regeneration of liver cells:
- Silymarin stimulates the action of nucleolar polymerase A, resulting in an increase in ribosomal protein synthesis, thereby stimulating regenerative ability of the liver and formation of new hepatocytes.
♦ Anti-fibrotic actions:
- Fibrosis of the liver is excessive accumulation of scar tissue that results from on-going inflammation and liver cell death.
- Animal research and a human clinical trial have suggested that the hepatoprotective properties of silymarin may include anti-fibrotic activity, thereby interfering with the process that occurs in the hepatocytes secondary to inflammation which frequently is a result of alcohol abuse or chronic active viral hepatitis.
♦ Stimulating secretion of bile (cholagogic and choleretic):
- Silymarin increases biliary excretion and endogenous pool of bile salts by stimulating synthesis of hepatoprotective bile salts such as betamuricholate and ursodeoxycholate.
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic actions of Milk Thistle maybe due to silymarin’s inhibition of 5-lipoxygenase, an enzyme needed to produce inflammation-promoting molecule.
- Silymarin scavenges pro-oxidant free radicals, increases glutathione (an antioxidant) production by the liver, intestines and stomach.
2). Phyllanthus niruri Extract
Phyllanthus niruri is an important medicinal plant which has hepatoprotective effect and is widely used for the treatment of hepatic diseases. The primary compounds which responsible for hepatoprotective properties of P. niruri are lignans for example phyllanthin (bitter), hypophyllanthin (non-bitter), niranthin, nirtetralin and phyltetralin.
- A study conducted on the protective role of P. niruri extract on alcohol induced hyperlipidemia (alcoholic liver disease) in Wistar rats showed that P. niruri extract effectively protects the system against alcohol induced hyperlipidemia and has a definite anti hyperlipidemic potential. Treatment with P. niruri protected the liver from damage and prevented the release of the liver markers enzymes. Administration of P. niruri extract also effectively reduced cholesterol, triglycerides and fatty acids levels.
- Alternative herbal medicine using extracts of Phyllanthus niruri have been reported to be effective against Hepatitis B and other viral infections. Phyllanthus niruri might inhibit proliferation of the virus by inhibiting replication of the genetic material of the virus and the primary compounds responsible for liver healing properties are phyllanthin, hypophyllanthin and triacontanal.
- Hepatoprotective action of P. niruri extract has also been reported to be due to its antioxidant properties. Phyllanthus niruri extract restores superoxide dismutase, catalase level and the non-protein thiol glutathione as well as enhances lipid peroxidation.
- Other therapeutic uses of P. niruri include antispasmodic (alkaloid phyllanthoside in the leaves and stem served as a relaxing agent for smooth muscles), antipyretic, diuretic and used in prescription for dyspepsia, indigestion and urinary tract disease. (relieve spasms and fever, increase urine).
3). Artichoke Leaves Extract Powder (Cynara scolymus)
Traditionally used as hepatoprotectant. Artichoke leaves exhibit cytoprotective (cell protection) actions in the liver. Artichoke acts as an antioxidantand promotes regeneration of damaged liver tissue.
Cyanaroside, cynarin, and cynarine in artichoke leaves extract are the bitter principles responsible for liver protective properties. They increase bile flow and assist with liver regeneration.
- Used in Herbal Medicine to help increase bile flow.
-Sesquiterpene lactones (bitter principles), caffeic acid derivatives (polyphenols), hydroxycinnamic acid and flavonoids in artichoke leaves have choleretic effects which stimulates bile secretion.
-Artichoke leaves is used as a choleretic for its lipid lowering, hepato and appetite stimulating actions.
- Used in Herbal Medicine to help relieve digestive disturbances, such as dyspepsia.
- Choleretic action of the leaves is useful to treat dyspepsia, loss of appetite, poor fat digestion, constipation, flatulence, nausea, heartburn, alcohol “hangover” and hyperlipidemia.
-Artichoke leaves stimulate digestive secretions, especially bile and are used for the treatment of digestive and gall blabber problems.
- Used for lowering cholesterol levels.
-Artichokes assist in digestion of fats.
-Flavonoids (luteolin, apigenin, cosmoside, quercetin, rutin, hesperitin, hesperidoside) in artichoke leaves may reduce cholesterol by inhibiting cholesterol synthesis.
- Artichoke is also used for fluid retention (edema), arthritis, bladder, infection, liver problems, preventing gallstones, lowering blood pressure, lowering blood sugar and to increase urine flow.
- Artichoke may be used along with milk thistle for hepatitis B and C and for drug or chemical-induced liver damage.
4). Burdock Root Powder (Arctium lappa)
Important constituents of Burdock roots are fatty acids, organic acids, phenolic acids (caffeic, chlorogenic, isochlorogenic and other acids), lignans, sesquiterpenes, tannin, inulin and mucilage.
People take burdock to increase urine flow, kill germs, anti–inflammation, reduce fever, and “purify” their blood. It is also used to treat cancer, gastrointestinal (GI) complaints, gout, bladder infection and skin conditions including acne and psoriasis. Burdock is also used for high blood pressure, “hardening of the arteries” (arteriosclerosis) and liver disease.
- Used to stimulate hepato-biliary function.
- Bitter constituents in burdock root increases digestive juice secretion, in particular bile secretion and help in digestion.
- Traditionally used in Herbal Medicine as a diuretic, supports kidney function, induce sweating (diaphoretic), as an alternative to help remove accumulated waste products via the kidneys, skin and mucus membranes, help alleviate the pain associated with joint pain rheumatism.
- High inulin and mucilage content in burdock root exhibits gastrointestinal soothing effect.
5). Dandelion Root Powder (Taraxacum officinale)
Dandelion root is extremely bitter. In herbal medicine it was traditionally used for hepatitis, jaundice, gallbladder infections and for helping to dissolve gallstones.
- Dandelion has been shown to improve liver function by removing toxins and reestablishing hydration and electrolyte balance. Reduces water retention in body.
- Dandelion root contains substantial amount of choline which is essential in supporting liver function.
– Choline is an essential nutrient with multiple mechanistic roles in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and its progression including very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) export, enterohepatic metabolism of bile, mitochondrial function, epigenetics and Endoplasmic Reticulum (ER) Stress.
- Traditionally used in the treatment of hepatobiliary problems, helps to increase the release of bile and bile flow (cholagogue and choleretic) and helps to treat digestive disturbance (dyspepsis).
- Dandelion root contains bitter substances eg. sesquiterpene lactones of the eudesmanolide type (tetrahydroridentin B and taraxacolide glucoside) and the germacranolide type (taraxinic acid glucoside and 11, 13-digydrotaraxinic acid glucoside) and phenolics acids (caffeic and chlorogenic acids). The bitter digestive stimulants are cholagogic and secretolytic which increase bile production as well as flow of bile from the liver. Glucosides are beneficial to the digestive process and also have an aperient or laxative effect used for digestive torpor (flatulence, bloating, constipation), inadequate bile secretion and impaired hepatic and biliary function.
- Traditionally used in Herbal Medicine as a laxative (aperient) due to its rich source of fiber, inulin and fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS).
- Traditionally used in Herbal Medicine as a diuretic, allowing your liver to more quickly eliminate toxins.
Most of the diuretics cause loss of potassium, but dandelion roots contain high levels of potassium. The high potassium content in roots is considered responsible for the diuretic activity.
- Dandelion roots also have a distinct demulcent action and prebiotic properties due to their content of inulin.
- Rich in antioxidants that prevent free-radical damage to cells and DNA, slowing down the aging process in our cells.
- Dandelion root is a rich source of Vitamin A, D, B complex and C. Dandelion root contains more Vitamin A than an equal serving of carrots, (up to 14,000 IU per 100g).
- It also helps to strengthen the immune system, balance blood sugar levels, relieve heartburn and soothe digestive issues.
6). Celery Seed Extract Powder (Apium graveolens)
Celery seed contains a lot nutrient as well as substances such as flavonoids, linoleic acid, coumarins and several volatile oils. Because of the presence of the above named components, celery seeds are helpful in curing many diseases.
- Used as hepatoprotectant
Celery seed is used in Indian systems of medicine for the treatment of liver ailments. Significant hepatoprotective activity of celery seed extract was reported in a study on rat liver damage induced by paracetamol. It protects as well as reverses the bad effects of acetaminophen on the liver, which is an analgesic. Having celery seeds everyday balances the harmful effect on the liver.
- Other therapeutic actions of celery seed includes diuretic, anti-inflammatory (used in rheumatic disorders, gout, inflammation of the urinary tract), nervine, sedative, antispasmodic (due to phthalides content), antiseptic (used in bronchitis, asthma, as well as liver and spleen diseases), reduces the cholesterol and promoting optimal blood pressure level.
Direction for Use：
Adult: Take 1 vegecap, 1-3 times daily after meal or as recommended by a doctor or pharmacist.
Those who are allergic to any ingredients in HMS L-Guardz should not consume it. Consult a healthcare provider prior to use if pregnant, nursing, on medications or are planning a medical procedure. Stop using and contact a physician if adverse reactions occur.
Storage: Keep in a cool, dry and dark place. Avoid sunlight.
1.Why taking HMS L-Guardz after meal?
It is recommended to take the product after meal to prevent adverse gastric reactions and to maximize assimilation of the herb materials due to higher activity of the digestive system for an hour or more after meal.
Thus, taking the herbs after meal increases safety and efficacy of the product even for individual with weak digestive action or a sensitive digestive system.